A vacancy has arisen within South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind (GDA) for the position of Kennel Supervisor.
Location: 126 Wroxham road, Paulshof
Responsible to: Head Kennel and Puppy Raising
Key function: Responsible for the overall supervision in GDA’s Kennel facilities of:
- Kennel Assistants who are working in these facilities
- Cleaning and Hygiene controls in these facilities
- Bio Hazard protocols in these facilities
- Kennel enrichment in these facilities
- The care of dogs/puppies in these facilities
- Communication with Puppy Raisers, GDA stakeholders and the general public
- Oversee hygiene in GDA kennels.
- Oversee staff who are working in GDA Kennels.
- Oversee volunteers who are working in GDA Kennels.
- Oversee all GDA protocols.
- Oversee the physical and emotional well being of all dogs and puppies in GDA Kennels.
- Undertake all record keeping and administration duties in GDA Kennels.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers.
- Good people skills.
- Experience with puppies and dogs.
- A good understanding of canine health is required.
- A good understanding of canine temperament is required.
- Willingness to work early shift one month and late shift the next month.
- Willingness to work on weekends and after hours.
- Must be prepared to write tests and exams and achieve a 70% pass mark.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a veterinary nursing or veterinary technician qualification.
- Must have experience.
- An understanding of dog behaviour and dog health essential.
Persons interested in this position should email the following documents to Leigh De Beaufort LeighD@guidedog.org.za
- A copy of their CV and qualifications.
- Letter of motivation.
- Copy of their identity document.
Applications close on 22 June 2018.
South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind reserves the right not to fill this vacancy. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant for an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the post will result in the applicant automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within 4 weeks of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful.