A vacancy has arisen within South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind (GDA) for the position of full time Marketing Co-ordinator.
Responsible to: Head of Marketing
Key function: To assist with all current and on-going tasks and responsibilities of the Marketing Department in order to achieve annual targets. Full responsibility of tasks as listed below.
- Total responsibility of assigned events, including income and expenditure budgets.
- Responsible for providing material for the website and social media on all events.
- Full editorial function of our Direct Mail program and Friend in Harness Magazine from start to finish including from writing to production.
- Copywriting, press releases and update of current material as required.
- Total event management responsibility of our annual Gala Dinner, including budget management and sponsorship
- Event specific fundraising
- Administrative support within the department.
- Assistance with Events, expos, graduations and adhoc functions.
- Assist with other marketing activities as required.
- Passionate about the work of the Association.
- Must have a high work ethic and be driven to achieve targets.
- Must be prepared to give more than ‘nine to five’.
- Must treat donors and volunteers in a warm friendly manner.
- Must have a service orientated approach to dealing with donors.
- Empathy with people who are differently abled.
- Must have a warm, outgoing personality.
- Must love dogs, and be happy to have them in your environment.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
Must be able to communicate efficiently and write in English and Afrikaans.
Must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
Must have a proven track record.
Must be well spoken, well-groomed and presentable.
Experience in project management an advantage.
Must have event planning experience.
Fundraising experience is advantageous.
Must be computer literate.
Marketing qualification and relevant experience required.
Must be prepared to work after hours and on weekends.
Persons interested in this position must submit the following documents to Juliette Powell at JulietteP@guidedog.org.za
- A copy of their CV and qualifications.
- Letter of motivation.
- Copy of their identity document.
Applications will close at 16h00 on 24 November 2017.
South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind reserves the right not to fill this vacancy. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant for an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the post will result in the applicant automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within 2 weeks of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful.