As a well-established Nonprofit Organisation, our Mission is:
- To enhance the mobility and independence of people who have visual, physical and developmental needs.
Our 20/20 Vision:
- The 20/20 Vision describes how we will satisfy our Mission in the period between now and the year 2020, through:-
THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE:-
Achieve the highest level of excellence and be the accepted leader in the Services we provide:-
- Highly trained Service Dogs for people who are physically disabled
- These dogs assist by retrieving items from difficult to reach places and enabling their owners to open and close doors and drawers.
- Highly trained Autism Support Dogs
- Aftercare is provided for the lifetime of the partnership.
- Assistance to the visually impaired through orientation and mobility services to improve their independence
- The education and qualification of instructors in the skills of orientation and mobility in order that they impart their knowledge to improve the living experience of the visually impaired community.
- Provision of Orientation and Mobility services directly to the visually impaired people.
- Managing a referral service to keep visually impaired people in touch with persons offering assistance they might need.
THE PEOPLE WE EMPLOY:-
- A highly motivated, passionate and unified team in which each individual is supported and encouraged to develop to his or her full potential.
- Compassionate individuals having the necessary skills and expertise in their field.
- Foster and recognize a network of passionate volunteers and puppy raisers.
- Make our donors feel valued.
- Create a mutually-beneficial climate with our partners.
- Maximise the annual financial return whilst not compromising the overall mission and aims of the Association and in so doing ensure the longer term sustainability of the Association. As a general principle, costs should never be higher than income.
- Ongoing development of our staff is key to sustainability.
- Be innovative in growing our business by investigating and, where practical, implementing sustainable ideas and other ideas that will make a difference to the people we serve.
- Deliver on the best quality and service we can by maximising the efficiency of all our organization and infrastructure capabilities.
- Be a highly effective, focused and passionate organization.
- Recognise and reward excellent performance and the courage to work on development areas with the desired effect in mind.
- Advocate the recognition and protection of the rights of all disabled persons in all spheres of contact.
- Advocate and utilize best-practice techniques in the breeding, training and particularly the care of dogs.
Our Values :-
- Our Values are what guide us in the way we go about satisfying our Mission.
- Understanding our clients and their needs are paramount.
Excellence and Leadership :-
- Be the true leader in whatever we do.
- Always be the very best we can be.
- Be creative, look for new and better ways and be prepared to change.
- Work smart: “What we do, we do well!”. Do it right first time.
- Take responsibility yourself for all decisions made.
- Persevere until solutions are found and implemented.
Passion and Pride :-
- Always committed to the cause.
- Nurture a “helping” culture.
- We are proud of who we are and what we do.
Humanity and Respect :-
- We treat each and every person with the respect they deserve.
- It is vital that our dogs are healthy, happy and well cared for.
- We aim to protect the environment.
- We work together to meet the goals we set.
Integrity and Honesty :-
- We are open and honest and maintain the highest levels of integrity in our dealings.
- Always true to our word.
- We satisfy our commitments.