As a well-established Non-Profit Organisation, our Mission is:
- To enhance the mobility and independence of people who have visual, physical and developmental needs.
Our 20/20 Vision
The 20/20 Vision describes how we will satisfy our Mission in the period between now and the year 2020, through:-
THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE:-
Achieve the highest level of excellence and be the accepted leader in the Services we provide:-
- Highly trained Guide Dogs for the visually impaired
- The provision of Guide Dogs, bred and trained to the highest standard, to the visually impaired persons who are themselves educated in the handling and car of the dog as a mobility aid. Aftercare is provided for the lifetime of the partnership.
- Highly trained Service Dogs for the physically disabled
- The provision of dogs, bred and trained to the highest standard, to the physically disabled persons who are themselves educated in the use and care of the dog as an aid in alleviating the effects of autism. Aftercare is provided for the lifetime of the partnership.
- Highly trained Autism Support Dogs
- The provision of dogs, bred and trained to the highest standard, to autistic persons or families, who are themselves educated in the use and care of the dog as an aid in alleviating the effects of autism. Aftercare is provided for the lifetime of the partnership.
- Assistance to the visually impaired through orientation and mobility services to improve their independence
- The education and qualification of instructors in the skills of orientation and mobility in order that they impart their knowledge to improve the living experience of the visually impaired community.
- Provision of Orientation and Mobility services directly to the visually impaired people.
- Managing a referral service to keep visually impaired people in touch with persons offering assistance they might need.
THE PEOPLE WE EMPLOY:-
- A highly motivated, passionate and unified team in which each individual is supported and encouraged to develop to his or her full potential.
- Compassionate individuals having the necessary skills and expertise in their field.
- Foster and recognize a network of passionate volunteers and puppy raisers.
- Make our donors feel valued.
- Create a mutually-beneficial climate with our partners.
- Maximise the annual financial return whilst not compromising the overall mission and aims of the Association and in so doing ensure the longer term sustainability of the Association. As a general principle, costs should never be higher than income.
- Ongoing development of our staff is key to sustainability.
- Be innovative in growing our business by investigating and, where practical, implementing sustainable ideas and other ideas that will make a difference to the people we serve.
- Deliver on the best quality and service we can by maximising the efficiency of all our organization and infrastructure capabilities.
- Be a highly effective, focused and passionate organization.
- Recognise and reward excellent performance and the courage to work on development areas with the desired effect in mind.
- Advocate the recognition and protection of the rights of all disabled persons in all spheres of contact.
- Advocate and utilize best-practice techniques in the breeding, training and particularly the care of dogs.
Our Values are what guide us in the way we go about satisfying our Mission.
- Understanding our clients and their needs are paramount.
EXCELLENCE AND LEADERSHIP
- Be the true leader in whatever we do.
- Always be the very best we can be.
- Be creative, look for new and better ways and be prepared to change.
- Work smart: “What we do, we do well!”. Do it right first time.
- Take responsibility yourself for all decisions made.
- Persevere until solutions are found and implemented.
PASSION AND PRIDE
- Always committed to the cause.
- Nurture a “helping” culture.
- We are proud of who we are and what we do.
HUMANITY AND RESPECT
- We treat each and every person with the respect they deserve.
- It is vital that our dogs are healthy, happy and well cared for.
- We aim to protect the environment.
- We work together to meet the goals we set.
INTEGRITY AND HONEST
- We are open and honest and maintain the highest levels of integrity in our dealings.
- Always true to our word.
- We satisfy our commitments.