If 2020 has taught us anything, it is that material things don’t matter.
We have learnt to appreciate our Friends and Family even more now that we have had to socially distance ourselves to keep them safe.
A lot of people have had to adjust to the “new-normal” and celebrate their birthday in lockdown. If your birthday is coming up, why not consider using your special day to make a difference in the life of someone with visual impairment, physical disabilities or a child with autism?
Appeal to your loved ones to donate to your “Pledge your Party” Birthday GivenGain Account instead of buying gifts this year.
Host a Socially-Distanced Birthday Paw-ty on Zoom and snap some photos of you and your guests celebrating your birthday. Tag us in your pictures so that we can join in the fun.
There will be some awesome Guide-Dogs spot prizes to win between June and November.
We offer a tiered sponsorship programme that allows you to sponsor a future working dog. Set a goal on GivenGain to raise enough money for a Puppy Sponsorship (R5 000) and receive updates on your gorgeous Guide-Dog pup throughout the year.
Check out the benefits of each sponsorship here – https://guidedog.org.za/sponsor-a-working-dog/
It can cost in excess of R100 000.00 to train one working dog. Your contribution can make a HUGE difference to someone in need.
How to Set Up your Fundraiser • Go to https://www.givengain.com/cc/pledge-your-party/
• Click “Start Fundraising”
• Sign up using Facebook or email (or login if you are already registered)
• Agree to the Terms and Conditions
• You will come to a page asking you to search for the event. Click on the link below this saying “Skip this Step, I am not fundraising as part of an event” (The events they are referring to are their own events.)
• Personalise your fundraising page
• You will need a high resolution photo as your profile picture.
• Write a short paragraph about why your network should donate to the cause (you have up to 500 characters)
• Change the ‘title’ of your fundraiser from the generic ‘I am raising funds for South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind’ to something that can be identified to you ie ‘Help Jane Smith party for Guide-Dogs”
• By connecting to our GivenGain fundraiser- all funds will automatically be paid into Guide-Dogs bank account so no need for you to handle any cash
• You can keep a close eye on your goal using your GivenGain page
• If you have friends who would like to support you but do not want to use GivenGain, EFT’s can be arranged. Please email Jackie on JackieQ@guidedog.org.za so that a proper reference can be given to you. Otherwise these donations will not be assigned to your fundraiser.