Collar and Tie
Collar and Tie
Join our Collar and Tie Club, win great prizes, and help people with disabilities and children with autism.
- Membership of the Club will be granted on receipt of a signed application and the R600 annual membership fee.
- Applications for 2020 close on 27 March 2020. Direct deposits, EFTs and/or credit card payments of R600 must be received on or before this date.
- Members wishing to pay by monthly debit order (@ R50 per month), may only join up to 21 February 2020, provided a signed debit order has been received by South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind on or before that date. Debit order applications after this date will not be accepted. When the fee is to be paid by monthly instalments, membership will be granted on the express understanding that 12 instalments will be made, i.e. R50 per month
- A membership will entitle the member to one entry into each draw throughout the calendar year. If a member pays the R600 membership fee after the January draw has taken place, the member will have two entries in the following draw/s to catch up on draws missed. A member who elects to pay by monthly debit order and joins after the January draw has taken place will need to make an initial payment of R100 (R50 x two months) to cover the first draw and will correspondingly get two entries into the February draw.
- A member whose monthly debit order is dishonoured will forfeit the right to be entered in that month’s draw and will need to make a “catch-up” penalty payment (of R50) in order to be reinstated for the next month’s draw. If the reinstatement penalty is not paid; or the debit order is dishonoured for a second successive month, the membership will be terminated with immediate effect and no reinstatement will be allowed.
- Draws will be held monthly in arrears on the last Wednesday of the following month ie. The January 2020 draw will be held on Wednesday 26 February 2020
- The club is limited to 2000 (two thousand) members, based on a “first-come-first-served” basis.
- Applicants may acquire more than one membership on the same terms and conditions as the first membership.
- The sharing of the payment of the membership fee and/or distribution of any prize monies won amongst individuals or any syndicate formed by a member will be the responsibility of the member, not the South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind .
- Should the South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind not receive sufficient applications for membership to make the club viable, South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind has the right not to form the Collar and Tie Club. In this case any membership feed already paid will be refunded to the applicant/s or they can elect to donate the membership fee to South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind.
- South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind reserves the right to terminate the Collar and Tie Club at any time without notice. In such circumstances any unutilised portion of the membership fee will be refunded to the applicant/s or they can elect to donate the residue to South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind.
- No member of South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind’s Board or staff of South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind and their immediate families may join the club.
- Draws will be held publicly at the South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind Gladys Evans Training Centre, 126 Wroxham Road, Bryanston, at 10h00 on the last Wednesday of every month except for the November and December draws which will both be held on Tuesday 15 December 2020.
- Membership fees do not qualify for Section 18A tax certificates.
- A representative of South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind ’s bankers will be appointed as the Independent Judge to scrutinise the draws. The independent Judge’s decision of each draw’s winners shall be final; and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Monthly prize values:
- 1st Prize: R10,000
- 2nd Prize: R5,000
- 3rd Prize” R1,000
- In addition there will be a further draw o be held immediately after the December draw with a bumper prize of R25,000
- The results of each draw and the names of the winners will be listed on South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind’s website ad its social media pages. While every effort will be made to contact the winners personally, South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind will not be held responsible if a winner cannot be contacted on the telephone number or email address given on the winning member’s application. Any prizes not claimed within six months of the date of the draw shall be forfeited and retained by South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind .