SA GUIDE-DOGS CHRISTMAS MARKET POSTPONED

We know that you were looking forward to joining us at our market yesterday and we would like to express our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused. We would also like to take this opportunity to shed some light on the decision that was made and what to expect from the market going forward.

Because of the Covid related restrictions and regulations around events, we have had to adapt and change numerous processes in order to get approval from the City of Johannesburg and the JOC to host our event. The approval process and required changes cost us close to R 17 000. Previously, our expenses to host this event was minimal and with the wonderful support received on the day by our 800+ visitors, we could comfortably cover our expenses. With the current situation, only 500 visitors are allowed at a time and our costs to host the function is much more.

With the unpredictable weather (which we were monitoring closely for weeks) we had two options: take our chances and host the event but risk that the weather might ruin the day and we (as well as our vendors) will suffer a great loss of income. Because of the Covid restrictions, we cannot accommodate anyone indoors so there would have been no shelter or means to continue even if it rained.

Our safest bet was to postpone the event to when the weather shows to be less volatile. The financial implication to postpone the event is much less than having to cancel it halfway through.

After monitoring the weather on numerous applications throughout the day, an executive decision was made in the afternoon on Saturday that the risk was too high. Because this is not a pre-booked event, we could not let individuals know that the event was postponed. Our only means to communicate this was to do so via social media. We are only able to send you this email now as our mailing system requires credits to be processed before we can send out communication and this is done via a third party.

We hope that you will understand our predicament and the decision that we made. Most of all, we hope that you will still be able to come and support us next weekend! We will announce the new date for the market soonest, keep an eye on your inbox and our social media pages.