Students Raise R20 000 for SA Guide-Dogs Association!
Boston Media House 3rd Public Relations students present the SA Guide-Dogs Association with a R20 000 cheque!
19 July 2018, Sandton, Johannesburg- Today the Public Relations 3rd year students at Boston Media House in Parkmore proudly handed over a cheque for R20 000 to the SA Guide-Dogs Association, following a 2 month campus campaign that formed part of their final year curriculum.
To raise funds, the Njayam’ Charity Campaign, ‘Njayam’ a slang term which simply means ‘my friend’ in isiZulu, held a series of on and off campus events and fundraising initiatives, all the while, appealing to the local Parkmore community for their support by offering products or services for the on campus raffle.
“The support we’ve received from students and corporate organisations has been astounding! It has certainly made all our efforts worthwhile and shows that the SA Guide Dogs Association is certainly an organisation that touches people’s hearts,” said 3rd year PR student, Amina Williams.
The charity campaign combined theory and practical experience in a fun way as well as allowing students to support an organisation that is close to their hearts. The SA Guide Dogs Association resonated with the 3rd year students because of the lasting gift it gives to a person in need.
The final fundraising initiative was a carnival event held on campus which saw students selling food, playing fun games and having a ‘puppy play date’ with some of the Guide Dog puppy ambassadors who attended the event.
The day ended in a truly memorable fashion as the students were taken totally by surprise as Boston Media House matched the R10 000 they had raised, resulting in a R20 000 cheque being handed over to the SA Guide-Dogs Association.
Visit @_njayami social media pages for more information or follow @BMHSandton for more information.
Issued by Boston Media House Sandton 3rd Year Public Relations students.
For any additional queries, please contact –
Courtney Jacobs, PR3 Media Representative
063 014 0331
The campaign would not have been successful in raising R20 000 without the generous support and donations from local business and the Parkmore community. With thanks to;
- Buffalo Bills
- Kenton Herborn & Family
- Boston Media House – R10 000
Raffle Prize Sponsors
- Sun International-Maslow Hotel- 2x Night Stay including complimentary breakfast
- Campbell & Campbell- 5x Double Tickets for the Turfontein Racecourse Event
- Black Forest Bakery- Bakery Hamper
- Eagle Entertainment- 5x Shane Eagle-Yellow CD’s
- Pick n Pay-5x R200 Gift Card Vouchers
- The Coffee Exchange-3x R100 Gift Card Vouchers
- Go Health-3x Gym Gift Card Vouchers
- The Generator Parkmore- 2x R350 Gift Card Vouchers
- Tokzen Records- CD, Cap & T-shirt Hamper
- Hectic 7 Creations- Beanie, T-shirt & Cap Hamper
- Plume Angel SA-2x R500 Hair Vouchers
- Orgella Media-1x 6 pack Appletiser
- Siyanda Kune and Siphokazi Kubheka- Liquor Hampers.
Handover Event Sponsors
- Pedigree- Dog Food and Puppy Kit Hamper
- Divine Sweet Treats- SA Guide-Dogs Association Cake Design
- Mica Hardware-Braai Pack for Carnival Food Stall
About Boston Media House
Boston Media House was created to offer students the very best opportunity to study and qualify for a career in the media industry. A world-class learning environment and high levels of technology, together with practical experience, ensure graduates are ready for their careers in this exciting and challenging industry.
- Video & Television
- Graphics & Creative Advertising
- Animation & Audio Visual Multimedia
- Public Relations
Visit http://www.boston.co.za/media-house/ for more information.
Conversations with my inner guide dog